Custom Search

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

showroom dummies

Otis N' Dwayne is a "typical mannequin love story." So I went searching for other mannequin stories on the interweb. Of course I came across the 1987 classic starring Andrew McCarthy (whom I had such a teen crush on) and a pre-Sex in the City Kim Cattrall. I was extra pleased to find a two-pack offer "one for him. one for her." pairing "Mannequin" with "Kansas" which also starred Mr. McCarthy alongside Matt Dillon. I don't know if I have ever seen Kansas, but I have a hard time imagining anything starring Andrew McCarthy really being "one for him."
But my favorite discovery by far was the song "Schaufensterpuppen" from Kraftwerk which was recorded in German, French and English. Schaufentsterpuppen literally means mannequins, but these silly Germans translated it to "Showroom Dummies" which just makes it that much more awesome. The Kraftwerk website is really wunderbar and worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment