Custom Search

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Seeking Inspiration


I recently closed my business which I have had for over six years. I am still as busy as ever. I mean, I have things to do (like, um, start a blog) but I find myself trying to fill every minute with a task or a mini-adventure so that I don't have any opportunity to sink into a pit of self pity. Really, if you give me just five minutes alone with myself, I start shredding myself to pieces. And really, I am a lucky person; things aren't that bad. Still, left with this identity crisis, I am in the process of trying to masterfully reinvent myself. I am searching everywhere for the answer to the question: what should I do next?
Now when I say I am searching everywhere, what I mean is anywhere where I can go for free. I have been taking long walks through Brooklyn. In the space of a few hours, I can visit China, Italy, Greece, Mexico, Puerto Rico... I am really into the Brooklyn China Town. It is not as crazy as downtown Manhattan, it smells a lot better (despite the huge selection of fresh seafood that is displayed in the open on ice) and it is huge. I have eaten some good, cheap meals there.
After these long walks - the last one culminated at Coney Island just as the sun was setting - my head is clear, but somehow also filled with ideas and inspiration as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment