Custom Search

Thursday, December 17, 2009

All About ON'D Part 1: Meet The Captain


We recently started gathering bios from the fabulous people behind Otis N' Dwayne which we will be adding to our website along with an EPK and all sorts of other good stuff. But I just can't wait to start sharing so I will be letting it out in dribs and drabs for ya'all here on the ON'D blog. Let's start with The Captain, shall we? The following is from a recent interview:
Cole Kutz was approached by his agent to audition for the role of The Captain in Otis N' Dwayne in 1997. At the time he was playing Hamlet at the prestigious Duke of York's Theatre in London. "After first looking at the script I asked my agent if he had gone completely mad!"  Kutz said in an interview in NYC.  "He then told me that he felt that this film was bound for Greatness, and that I should stretch out & expand - flex my acting muscles as it were, to try to do something other than Shakespeare, which I had been performing exclusively for the past 11 years.  I mean, I was a Purist.  He told me to CAREFULLY re-read the script.  I reluctantly did, but later was overjoyed that I did.  I then discovered how oh so very subtelty this script brilliantly reflected many of The Bard of Stratford-On-Avon's works in oh so many ways!  Otis N Dwayne is indeed a profound statement of current global issues in modern literature, as well as an innovative cinematic masterpiece.  I feel honored to be a part of it". 

No comments:

Post a Comment